Today is Halloween.
Today is cold.
Today I rode my bike.
Today I craved soup.
Simple Hearty Pumpkin Soup
- 3 cups Organic Vegetable Broth (you could also use chicken)
- 1 cup red organic quinoa (previously cooked – I make 4 cups at a time to be used M-F)
- 1 can (15oz) Farmer’s Market Organic Canned Pumpkin
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped kale (stems removed)
- 1-2 cups grilled chicken cubed (this was left over from a previous meal – I always make extra)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- bring broth and pumpkin to a boil, reduce to simmer
- add chicken and quinoa simmer for 5 min
- add spinach and kale simmer for 2-3 minutes or until tender
- add seasonings and serve