Sometimes, we crave things like breakfast at dinner time. Here’s a quick Almond Flour Gluten Free Pancake recipe that is sure to please. Add a side of fresh fruit and bacon (yes, BACON) and you are good to go!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill almond flour/meal
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus a little for dusting
- 1 tablespoon White Rice Flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- dash of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
- Prepare your cast iron skillet with the almond oil. If you aren’t using a cast iron skillet, GET ONE. They conduct heat better, once cured provide amazing flavor to food, and can be used for stove to oven dishes.
- Whisk your eggs in a medium-large sized bowl.
- Add your coconut milk and whisk together with eggs.
- Next add your almond flour and mix together.
- Then add your shredded coconut, white rice flour, baking soda and mix together.
- Lastly, add in your honey, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Mix together thoroughly. The batter will be very thick.
- Turn the heat down on your pan, the pancakes cook slowly because of the thickness of the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the pan and spread it with spoon, careful not to pull the batter up from the pan. Cook each side 2+ minutes, watch for burning, but also make sure the inside is cooked.
- To serve, sprinkle a bit on coconut on top and heated maple syrup.